Where to Find Biographical Information
The following databases are good places to start:
- The Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Something About the Author (exists in print and online database)
- MLA International Bibliography
Here is a short list of encyclopedia entries:
- Jacqueline Woodson (1964-).“Children’s Literature Review. Ed. Deborah J. Morad. Vol. 49. Detroit: Gale, 1999. 194-210. Literature Criticism Online. Gale.
- “Jacqueline Woodson (1964-).” Something about the Author. Vol. 189. Detroit: Gale, 2009. 200-209. Something About The Author Online. Gale.
- Jones, Caroline E. “Woodson, Jacqueline.” Cambridge Guide to Children’s Books in English. Ed. Victor Watson. Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge, 2001. 767. Gale Virtual Reference Library.
- “Woodson, Jacqueline (1964-).” Major 21st-Century Writers. Ed. Tracey Matthews and Tracey Watson. Vol. 5. Detroit: Gale, 2005. Gale Virtual Reference Library.
- “Woodson, Jacqueline Amanda.” Who’s Who Among African Americans. Ed. James Craddock. 26th ed. Detroit: Gale, 2011. 1381. Gale Virtual Reference Library.
- “Woodson, Jacqueline.” The Writers Directory 2011. Ed. Lisa Kumar. 26th ed. Vol. 2. Detroit: St. James Press, 2010. 2565. Gale Virtual Reference Library.
A list of her works is at the top of the screen, but here are ways to double-check this list. Try her publisher’s websites. These sites also list bios and reading guides:
- Penguin Group
- Random House
- Recorded Books
- Database: Bowker’s Books in Print: But beware, if a book is no longer in print it will not appear in this database.